This morning started off like any other Monday morning: shower, start laundry, run off to check email. On my way back from checking email, I found out I had lost one of my gloves. Was it the left one, which has holes in the knuckles? No. It was the right one.
Naturally, I was feeling a little upset about this--not to mention my hands were cold--when I got back to my building. I checked my mail, and inside was an envelope with "payment inside" on it. Yay! My shoveling money! I went upstairs to my apartment and started to open it. RIIIIP. The envelope tore, and so did the check--right down the middle. My language quickly took a turn for the worse--I said a four-letter word that rhymes with "fit" and starts with "sh" five or six times within a minute--and I kicked my laundry basket.
A little later, I realized that I had put on my "It's all good" t-shirt, and immediately started accusing it of mocking me.
I left to go to the bank to see if they'd still cash the check--and assuming they wouldn't--and buy groceries. When I got to the teller, he asked how I was doing. I said "Not too well, I had a little accident with this check." He said it was no problem--I'm not sure how I kept from jumping up and down, but I did--and deposited it into my account.
I continued on and bought groceries, but I didn't buy gloves there because all they had were yellow--and then bought blue ones after I had returned and put groceries away. So now my winter gear matches even less than it did before--blue gloves, red hat, brown jacket instead of red gloves, red hat, and brown jacket. Take that, fashion!
No comments:
Post a Comment