Yesterday, I decided to give in and buy new shoes (the old pair had ceased to be good at even hiding views of my socks) but first I had to go to the bank to transfer some money from savings to checking. I had also decided to buy a pair of dress shoes, because I haven't had a pair for a long time, and I thought it would be good to have some.
When I got to my bank, there was a sign saying that that particular branch was closing, and I'd have to use the one south of Hickory Park after the 30th. "Oh, great. Today's not going well." I thought to myself.
While filling out the little forms to move the money around, my phone rang. It was the "I don't know this number" ring, so I answered immediately. It was a person from Target, wondering if I was still interested in the job as Cart Attendant. I said I was, and we set up an interview for today at 3:30. Good thing I was going out to get some dress shoes. That seems way too coincidental for man to have put it together.
On a completely unrelated note, I started getting a slightly strange idea this morning, possibly because I read "The Prodigal God" by Timothy Keller yesterday. I kinda want to take the basic feeling of "Homeward Bound" by Simon & Garfunkel and turn it into a worship song. If only I had any musical talent.
Tonight I'll sing my songs again,
I'll play the game, and pretend.
Mm-mm-mm-mm-mm-mm-mm.
But all my words come back to me,
In shades of mediocrity,
Like emptiness and harmony,
I need someone to comfort me.
Homeward Bound.
I wish I was
Homeward Bound.
Home, where my thought's escaping.
Home, where my music's playing.
Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me.
Silently for me.
That's the third verse and the chorus. It's almost a worship song as it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment