So, a couple days ago, I was doing my morning prayer on the bus, and Gollum's song started playing on my iPod. I started thanking God that the lyrics to that song aren't true for us--in fact, basically the opposite. Specifically, these lyrics (because these are the opening lyrics):
Where once was light
Now darkness falls
Where once was love
Love is no more
Yeah, I know. A song about an outcast murderer from the soundtrack of a major blockbuster as source for prayer ideas. What can I say? I'm weird.
Anyway, today during connection group, we were talking about things we were thankful for from the past semester, and I thought I'd share. One thing was actually that other lyrics people weren't available to do Salt. Yeah, that meant more work for me, but it more work means I don't get bored...and I've sort of been able to take over the lyrics area (at least for Salt). It makes me feel more important.....though most of the time, I hate feeling important.....sometimes, I just don't understand me.
Anyway, another thing I'm thankful for is linked up above. The cancellation of MMP last week. It's gotten me to start praying on my own more often, and reading my bible regularly--going strong every day since then. So yeah, breaking the normal routine of MMP has helped me take some little steps in my walk with God.
Well, just one day (and two classes) away from Thanksgiving break. I really need it, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment