25 September 2011

Tears

So yesterday, I was sitting around, and I decided that I wanted to watch The Lion King. Luckily, one of my roommates happens to own it on DVD. So I sat down and started to watch. It was the special edition with a new song--which adds nothing to the story, so it's really worthless. Anyway, the one scene came. You know the one. The one with the wildebeests and the gorge. I started to tear up when Scar and Simba were talking in the gorge. It happens every time. I tell myself, "You're 25 years old. A movie about cartoon lions--which is a ripoff of a television series about cartoon lions and a Shakespeare play about Danish royalty--should not make you cry." Yet I still cry.

This isn't the only movie that does this. Apollo 13 makes me cry too. That one makes me cry at the end, though. The scene where everybody's all tense, thinking the capsule's burned up, then you see the capsule with the chutes open, and you hear "Hello, Houston. This is Odyssey." No matter how much attention I've been paying to the movie, once that line is uttered, the tears start flowing--if they weren't already.

So yeah, now you know a couple movies to watch with me if you ever want to see me cry. There are probably others, but I can't think of them--unless you count my God Story video. You could also start playing Gungor's Ghosts Upon the Earth album, but that isn't guaranteed. Or you could just sit near me in church or on a retreat (though not when I'm running lyrics or lights, the tears don't seem to come when I've "got a job to do"). I guess what I'm really trying to say is that my tears are on a hair trigger. I even start tearing up when I talk about how I always seem to be crying.

Okay, now I need to make some computer-generated creatures die to balance things out.

1 comment:

  1. I like the last part "I even start tearing up when I talk about how I always seem to be crying."

    Had a good lol

    ReplyDelete