26 September 2011

Is this morbid?

Today on the bus, I was listening to music. This is really nothing new, since I always listen to music on the bus. However, a somewhat new thought came up while listening to "This is Not The End" from Gungor's newest album. The thought process went something like this (presented here as the internal dialogue that seems to flow endlessly).

This is such a good song. It makes me smile and (almost) cry at the same time.


Yeah. I kinda want it to be played at my funeral.


Wait, what? Here I am, 25 years old, and thinking about my funeral.


Oh, just shut up and enjoy the song.


"And you know you'll be alright
Oh and you know you'll be alright
This is not the end
This is not the end of us
We will shine like the stars
Bright, Brighter"


Anyway, now I'm wondering: is it morbid that I'm thinking like that while listening to that song, or is it fitting for that purpose? I mean, I have brought up thoughts of my death before, but this is kind of a different direction for it.

And now I've gone and gotten myself near to the point of crying for two consecutive posts. I'm going to lose my man card if I'm not careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment