Well, it finally happened. I got the acceptance letter from the University of Iowa today. That is to say, it was delivered today...to my "home address"...in Des Moines...rather than my "residing address" in Iowa City, so my dad had to call and tell me that it had arrived. Naturally, I changed my address before doing much else. Shortly after accepting the acceptance the internet in our apartment exploded with joy. And by "exploded with joy", I mean it stopped working for about 5 minutes. So even the internet doesn't like my becoming a Hawkeye. Well, there are still some hoops they want me to jump through before I can be in classes and such, but at least the wait is over.
In side news, the first Iowa City Summer Salt is in a little over an hour, so I'm excited for that. And our first Veritas at the Marriott was a smashing success (read Mark's blog for a summary--I think most of you read his anyway). We need to get faster at setup, but when you consider that we only had about 4 people that knew what they were doing, we did quite well. For those of you not here, or that didn't notice, we had a new system for this past week. Hopefully, we'll get as good with this setup as we did with the old.
No comments:
Post a Comment