29 May 2011

Nightmares

I had a nightmare last night. I'm not sure if the subject matter is sad or hilarious. In short, I had a nightmare about tech stuff.

To elaborate, I dreamt that I had to run lyrics, and everything was going wrong. Apparently, there had been no time for practice, judging by some of the problems. There was a new song that I didn't know, all the slides for the songs were mixed together instead of being separated into each individual song, and none of the slides were formatted the same--leading to a problem where the lyrics didn't actually get projected, and the band forgot the words in the middle of the song.

I woke up from that, and remembered that I was running lights, so it was going to be okay....and then we actually got there. The person scheduled for lyrics had forgotten and gone to Ames for the weekend, so I switched to lyrics and another person took lights. At that point, I yelled to my roommate that it was coming true--having already told him about the nightmare before we left the apartment. He just laughed, and a few other people wondered what I meant.

Well, there was a new song that I didn't know, but that and me running lyrics was all that came true from the dream.

Side note: I think God likes the tech team. When we got to the hotel, it was somewhat bright out, and only a little foggy. After practice started, it began to rain--hard. There was even a point where everyone went out to move their cars because of the chance of large hail. By the time church was over, the rain had stopped, so we missed the storm.

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job running lyrics Martin! I actually noticed how few mistakes were made!

    ReplyDelete