22 January 2011

Update on my weight

It's been nearly a year since I mentioned how the weight loss was going, so I'll throw in a little recap here. At the start of August 2009, I weighed in at 290 pounds. My goal was to get under 200. The weight loss progressed quickly, and by mid-May, I had reached my goal. I hit 195, and stayed in the range from 195-199 until moving to Iowa City. Since then, I've been putting some of the weight back on. This morning, the scale read 218. I've gained back nearly 25 of the 95 pounds I lost.

However, I'm not discouraged. The reason for that is that my pants are still getting larger--relative to me. So, while I'm not losing weight, I'm still losing waist. The simple explanation for this is that I'm still burning off fat, but adding muscle. Either that, or my body has changed where it stores fat, but that's doubtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment