20 November 2010

Women's Retreat

Today was the women's retreat. Up early, setting up, in order to sit around for 7 hours doing very little. There were two other guys there--my roommate and James--so it wasn't as awkward as it could have been. Really, it didn't seem awkward at all. I spent most of the time listening to my iPod--and playing games. My roommate was editing audio from Anthem--and later started watching a movie--and James was working on a new Anthem song. So none of us heard much of what went on. This did make for some interesting moments. Like when the speaker walked in front of the speakers and there was some bad feedback--and my roommate didn't notice because of his headphones. Or when the women all went into the back to make a circle, and all three of us stopped what we were doing, utterly confused--until we figured out what was going on, and went back to normal. Related to the last one, my roommate was watching X-men Origins: Wolverine on his computer--which happened to be between the three of us and the circle. So, even though two of us couldn't hear the movie, we were all staring in that direction. I don't think the ladies noticed, though. The last strange moment came near the end, when none of us were paying great attention, and we weren't sure when it was time for us to get back to doing stuff.

In a side note, I got to do lyrics for the first time today. We only had two tech people--myself and my roommate--and the other had to run sound, so I was on lyrics and lights--but dealing with minor problems forced me to forgo lights entirely, and just leave houselights on (I think the only one that noticed was "mom").

All in all, it was fun--even though seeing half of X-men Origins with no sound meant that I had to see it in full after I got back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment