14 November 2010

Busy-ness

A warning before I get into this post: I'm going to hit a lot of topics here. There's a lot going on.

First of all, apparently, busyness is actually a word. Whatever. I'm still leaving the hyphen in the title.

Anyway, Anthem is in 3 days. It's going to be awesome, so you should make an effort to attend. Packing out a bar with people singing praises to God for 2+ hours. What could be cooler/more important than that?

On a related note, nearly everything seems to remind me of worship songs these days. I figure this is a good "problem" to have. I wonder a little if the neighbors can hear me while I'm singing in the shower...... Well, if they can, they can.

Following up on the last post, when I found out about the rumor going around, I hadn't seriously thought about "mom" as anything but a friend. But after a few days' thought, I realize that I feel very comfortable around her, which is rare for me--women just make me uncomfortable, unless they're already taken. Maybe I should go for it. One concern of mine is that I fall for women quickly--at least, prior experience tells me that. This may be a good opportunity for growth--as well as a chance to get to know a very Godly woman.

This weekend was fun. A visit from a cool couple from Ames--so now the two people I had most wanted to see at the Ames Anthem (neither of which were able to make it--sorry people I saw there, I DO have favorites) have visited Veritas. This weekend was a good weekend to visit--the first ever baptisms at Veritas Church were today. Can you hold back tears seeing 9 people--including two international students--baptized in a community center pool? I know I can't. That was a great way to end a service.

Next weekend could be interesting. The women's retreat is on Saturday, and my roommate and I have been asked to do tech for it. So, it'll be the two of us (and maybe the drummer/creative arts director) in a room full of women. It could be awkward, enlightening, or both. If I remember to write, I'll let y'all know.

1 comment:

  1. that moment on sunday had to be one of the highlights of my life.

    also, i'm leading worship this saturday ... for the ladies. so i shall share in the enlightening and weirding out!

    ReplyDelete