20 August 2010

Bookstore

So, yesterday, I bought books--$530 worth of books and a new backpack. For 4 classes. All intro level. Sigh. Oh well, that's what I get for screwing around for 5 years at ISU. And hey, I'm taking a third foreign language. I had also meant to buy a bus pass but I forgot. So I went back today for a bus pass, and ended up buying a notebook with a Kirkwood pseudo-seal on the front of it.

When I went out to catch the bus back to downtown--there's no direct route from there to here--the bus refused my pass, saying it was expired. The bus driver told me that it wasn't just my pass, and Kirkwood had gotten some bad passes or something, and he let me ride the bus anyway. Therefore, I decided to walk back home from downtown. I had intended to register to vote, but it can wait a few more days.

On a completely unrelated note, I've added some countdowns to this blog, so those of you who view on Google Reader may want to check out the actual blog just this once. The first is on the top, counting down until the first Iowa City Salt Company. *cue fanfare* Less than 5 days from now, the Blue Moose will have a few dozen believers taking over the back room. The other two are at the bottom of the blog, counting down to the start of the Dallas Cowboys season and the Colorado Avalanche season--my two favorite sports teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment