By the time you read this, I will have already left. I'm leaving you for Iowa City. I'm going to miss you--your beautiful parks, your quaint little downtown, and of course your residents. You've been very good to me these past....how long has it been? Six years? Wow. You've been very good to me these past six years, and we had some good times--the surprise guncotton explosion during a chem club show, watching the swans and geese by the lake, playing Super Smash Brothers on the screen in 1002 Gilman, walking to the mall and back just because I could....the list goes on and on. However, these times have come to an end. I am participating in a church plant in Iowa City. I will try to make it back and visit, but I can't make any promises.
You will always feel like home to me, but I can't stay any longer. My lease ran out the moment this post went live, and the long period of homelessness has begun. I don't know how much you'll miss me, but I'll think about you often, Ames.
Farewell, wherever you fare, till your eyries receive you at the journey's end.
No comments:
Post a Comment