Okay, this actually is not from the journal, like the other three posts today. This is events from the first day back from being unplugged, and this morning.
I decided to order a pizza for myself, since I've now lost 50 pounds. I know, it's counterproductive, since I'm still 40 pounds from my weight goal, but I wanted pizza.
Pizza is one of those foods where once I've started, I have a hard time putting it away. I kept going back to the box every 45 minutes or so, until I had eaten 3/4 of the pizza. About an hour after my last slice of the night, my body decided to tell me it didn't like pizza anymore. I started having sharp pains in my stomach, and spent the evening on my futon, clutching my abdomen.
The only explanation I can think of is that during my weight loss, I reduced my dairy intake, and my mild problem digesting lactose (you didn't want to be in the same room as me after I had a lot of dairy) has become an intolerance. I can still consume small amounts, but too much and I'm lying down in pain.
Anyway, this morning, I went to get a glass of milk, and just the smell of the pizza brought back the pain--it's like my body didn't want me to forget the intense pain from last night. I didn't want that to keep going for long, so I went ahead and finished off the pizza before coming out here to write all these posts, in the hope that the pizza smell will dissipate faster, and it won't hurt me to open my fridge anymore.
Speaking of the pains, they're starting up again. I guess one glass of milk and two slices of pizza is too much lactose. Ow.
I had 9 pieces of Papa Johns the other day
ReplyDelete