So the next three days should be.....interesting. Wednesday may turn out very well, and I'm hoping I don't screw up too much tomorrow and Tuesday.
What I mean is, for those that haven't heard or read earlier in this blog, my parents are now divorced. My mom has gotten an apartment (my dad is keeping the house and the cats) and she is moving in on Tuesday. I have been volunteered to be labor force in her move-in, so she'll be picking me up tomorrow--and I guess I'll be staying in the house overnight. The issues with this scenario are that I basically blame her for the divorce, so I've been somewhat bitter--so pray for a forgiving heart--and she is not a believer--so pray that I stop being a wimp and share my faith more than just mentioning it in an off-hand way.
Wednesday looks to be important--but for a different reason. Last week, at the Iowa City Connection Group meeting, I mentioned that I needed a job here so I could continue to pay rent past May--not to mention the post-dated check for August's rent in IC. On the way there this week, my ride asked me how the job search was going, and I told him that one of the leaders of my Salt Connection Group has a brother who may have a job staining decks for me this spring and summer. Less than two minutes after that, my phone rang, and it was the I-don't-know-this-person ring (I have 5 different ring tones currently in use, counting that one). It was a guy from Coldstone, and he asked if I was still interested in a job! I set up an interview on Wednesday at 2, so be praying for that.
On a side note, I'm getting that old feeling--either my younger friends need to stop getting married, or I need to get started on a relationship, but as the song goes:
This thing called love I just can't handle it
This thing called love I must get round to it
I ain't ready
Crazy little thing called love.
-Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Queen
But really, the wedding and reception were great--the stepladder for the bride during the kiss, singing Happy Birthday to the maid of honor (what 14-year-old girl doesn't want a new brother-in-law for her birthday), the cake fiasco (I think Hy-vee should give them a deal on their next wedding cake). I took off around 10:30, because I'm too self-conscious to dance around others, and I fell asleep within an hour of getting home.
Speaking of sleep, it sounds really good right about now. Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment