Yesterday,
Was just a day like any other,
Until I went to Cafe Milo,
And met about a two-month trip.
Sorry James & James, I ripped off your song about exterminating. I promise I won't do it again during this post.
Anyway, like I said in the last post, yesterday was my first meeting about possible mission trips. It was at one in Cafe Milo. But I'll start earlier in the day.
I left the Gilman computer lab (it still feels like home to me) after making yesterday's post and checking my email. I almost got back to my apartment when I remembered that I had intended to check exactly where Cafe Milo was, so I wouldn't have to do some wandering to try and find it--having been there before, I knew about where it was, but not the address. I thought I'd just wander around the area until I found it, it shouldn't take too long. When I got back to my building, I decided to check my mail--since it was 10:30 and mail usually gets there around 9:30--and sitting on the floor near the mailboxes was a stack of brand-new phone books! I think Somebody wanted to make sure I got there on time. I got the address from there, so I'd at least know which direction I needed to wander.
I left my place at noon to catch the 12:10 bus that would be near my destination around 12:30--those that know me well know that if I'm not at least 10 minutes early, I feel like I'm late. When I hopped off the bus, I recognized the buildings off to the right immediately. Cafe Milo was in one of those. I still wandered around for a few extra minutes, because that's what I do when I'm over 25 minutes early for something.
The guy I was meeting arrived at exactly one. I somewhat envy that kind of timing, but I mostly hate it. We talked for an hour about the pros and cons of my going--my biggest pro being that I have been given an amazing gift for learning languages, and my biggest cons being afraid to leave my comfortable bubble and my parents possibly not wanting me to go--and what it would be like if I were to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment